The objectives of the Albury & District Historical Society include:
- To assist with the collection, storage and exhibition of local and regional historical materials and artefacts.
- To support and facilitate the recording and publication of local and regional histories, and the dissemination of this material.
- To help secure the preservation of places and objects of historical interest.
- To provide a forum for dissemination of information and discussion of topics of local and regional history via monthly meetings of the Society.
- To interact and cooperate with other community groups enabling the Society to more readily achieve its objectives.